Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

37 Years ago on July 1, at 2:00 P.M. I walked down the isle to marry the man of my dreams. I wasn't a typical 70's girl wanting to live the single life, somewhere far from home, in a big city. Nope. From the time I remember, when anyone asked me what I wanted to do when I got out of High School, I told them I wanted to get married and have a family. #1 Problem however, was that I didn't date a great deal in High School, and didn't have a steady boyfriend - UNTIL I met this incredible guy on December 31, 1971. Our eyes met across the room and from that minute on we were a couple. I had just had my 17th birthday, was a Sr. in High School, and was smitten - BIG TIME. We saw each other every spare minute of every day that we could, and on Valentines Day, he asked me to marry him. Now to hear him tell it, I asked him, but that's a whole OTHER post! We were married exactly 6 months to the day from the day we met, and have been together since. Has it all been roses? Ha! Has it all been thorns? Hmmm..... But it HAS all been worth it. 3 children, 6.50 grandchildren later, we've been through it all together. We have both lost out Dad's, and our children grew up without their Grandfathers. That's why it's SO important to both of us that we spend as much time with our kids and grandkids as we possibly can. Ok, enough of the history. Just wanted to let you know that I thank God every day for all he's given me, and all that I've got to come. I am so blessed. Love you Nannapie!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both.
    Have a wonderful Anniversary and best wishes to
    you.

    I love to hear a love story.
    ~D~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.