Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Friday, June 19, 2009

Foodie Friday




Kansas Dirt Cake
I made this one for baby Emma's baptism for fun for the kids. There are many different ways to make it, I saw on BNOTP, Susan used cheese cake type recipe.

This is what I do.

Bake 9x13 chocolate cake any kind, your favorite recipe or brand.
Tear the cake up and place 1/3 in the bottom of a clean flower pot.
Make chocolate pudding (cooked kind works better) and pour over the cake.
Using 1/2 container of whipped topping, spread over top of pudding.
Layer chopped peanuts, and on top of that, gummy worms.

Continue to layer until the cake is used up. End up with the peanuts, worms, then a layer of crushed oreo cookies. Using a childs set of gardening tools, place them in the flower pot or on a tray holding the flower pot. If you like, insert the stem of an artificial flower for fun. Refrigerate as needed, serve with the gardening tools if you like. Have fun with Foodie Friday, and join everyone else at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! Hope the kids have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow came across your blog as Ive been blog hopping :) Thought Id say Hi :)
    :)
    candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise!!! We've just returned from Chicago seeing "Mary Poppins" with my grandaughters and saw that you've followed my blog, I love that you did because then it leads me back to your sweet blog...I think I like your dirt cake recipe better then mine..I shall try it next time! I love the photos of your roses, I can smell them from here!!! and Your little Greta and Emma are just as precious as two little girls could be...Don't you just love them!! Your daughter is a sweetie too...thanks for stopping, look forward to getting to know you better, xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute idea and I think I would like to try the recipe.
    Blessings to you in small town America.
    I love it here and think small towns have alot to offer to people.
    Blessings,
    ~D~

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.