Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mosaic Monday

This is Emma's Baptism the weekend before Mother's Day. As you can see she had a great day. The middle photo is of the "Faye's". Emma's middle name is Faye, on the left is her Aunt - Angela Faye, holding her is great grandma- Barbara Faye, and on the right is ME - Sandra Faye.
Emma's dress is made from Aunt Angie's Confirmation dress, by MY Mom. Her bonnet is one that her Mommy wore. It is made from a hankie and was carried by her Mommy in her wedding as her "something old". The yellow lace on her underslip was made by MY Grandma - Oneta Faye who has been gone for 5 years now. I always wanted my girls to have a beautiful baptism gown and so now we have started the tradition. Isn't she beautiful?

Thanks to everyone for stopping by, please leave a comment, and join everyone else for their creative mosaic's at http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com//

6 comments:

  1. Sandi,
    This is a beautiful mosaic of a very special day. Guess what? My mom's name is Wanda Faye! I am blessed with four wonderful little boys, but had I had a little girl, she would have been Elizabeth Faye. I definitely wanted to honor my mom is that way. Oh well! My second son is named after my mom's maiden name.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and I wanted to let you know that since you are following my blog, you have been entered in all 5 of my "Christmas in July" giveaways! The gingerbread ornament would look adorable with Meme and Papa on each end with all your children and grandchildren in the middle!
    Blessings!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all my Faye's!!
    Beemer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Meme! Good work :) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweet friend for your prayers...we have had a little set back and still need your prayers....teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma Faye is so cute in her dress and I love her little toe photo. So nice to celebrate the good things in life. Thanks for sharing your Mosaic with me.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very very sweet your little one is.
    Such a beautiful gown she's wearing.
    Precious that she will be raised in a Christian Home with loved ones taking care of her.

    Noticed your new icon picture. It's great.

    I'm continuing to see the blessings living in a small Kansas town where I can walk to the City Building to pay the utility bill, pick up mail from the Post Office, buy a local newspaper, walk over to the grocery store to pick up some milk, drop off a book at the library and stroll on home...all in about 15 minutes! Fantastic.

    Wanted to tell you that your doll in the previous post must have brought alot of joy. She's pretty in red.

    Summer Blessings,
    ~D~

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.