Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

Wordless Wednesday is about flags today, and of course my mind goes to the best - old glory.







The above flags are all at our cabin at the lake, where I decorate with flags, black and white cows, and sunflowers. What can I say, I'm from Kansas!
This flag is the one that flies over our house 24/7, 365. The flag itself flies on the top of our old TV antenna tower which is 50' tall, then an 8' flag pole is attached to the top. Believe me, when something goes wrong (like the wind causes the flag to tangle) my husband climbs the tower, THEN shinney's up the last 8' to untangle it. I just go in the house. Don't wanna be there when he falls......
Love the "flags theme" this week, as you can tell. We are reminded of how lucky we are to live in American every single day. Join the gang over at http://frenchlique.blogspot.com/2009/06/wordless-wednesday-flag-day-keep-it.html for more flag fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. great post... especially... the petunias...

    remember to keep it wordless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are blessed to live in this country.
    Hi there! I wanted to come by and say hello to you and say I was delighted to see that you've become a follower. Thank you. I look forward to getting to knowing you better through blogging.
    The rose you have on your header is so pretty. Like the brown background on your page.
    Blessings to you always,
    ~Deanna~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that I am late in making a comment, busy day yesterday! I just wanted to let you know that I love all your red, white and blues.

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.