Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tablescape Tuesday


I know everyone else posted their Easter posts last week, but that's because they are so much more organized than I. I had to wait until I was sure that the house would be cleaned and everything ready before I did an Easter tablescape. Not that it put it on the back burner, but just in case.... I guess it kinda did. DH and I hosted our son, daughter-in-law Carla and grand daughter Greta for her first Easter. They drove in from KC on Saturday afternoon, giving me ample time to get the cleaning done AND set the table for dinner. I actually did 2 tablescapes, one for Easter dinner, and one for Easter Eve supper. I will show Easter dinner today.


The chicks were made by me many years ago when we had a ceramic business in town.

The blue glasses were found at the UMW Thrift Store last week for $3.00 each.

The bunnies are from a clearance at Alco several years ago. They were very inexpensive.


I love the detail in the table cloth. It has every color of pastel in it.


The flower vase was given to me for my birthday years ago, and holds a glass blossom of some kind.
I've had the napkins and placemats for years too. They are pink, blue and white print with a fringed edge. The surprising thing is how easily they wash. The dishes are my milk glass setting with grapes and vines on the edges. Silverware is Oneida from many years ago, I think my 3rd or 4th Mother's Day gift.

We enjoyed a dinner of ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrot loaf, green bean casserole, hot rolls, carrot salad, and strawberry shortcake. Pretty much comfort food in our family. Thanks to Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot/ for another fun Tablescape Thursday. Join her there to see many more "scapes".

13 comments:

  1. Ceramics are adorable. Your blue goblets really pop and what a good score on those. I love to check out my local thrift store too.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blue in your scape! The tablecloth is fun!! Happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cobalt blue! Pretty Easter table!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter table is so cute! I love your handmade by you bunnies! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! And those cobalt blue glasses.. so pretty!

    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty table.

    I have the same milk glass dishes. Do you have any idea how old they are? I have had mine for over 20 years, but I bought them secondhand and have always wondered their age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicks are wonderful and how great to have something so unique. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and the menu sounds yummy ! Thanks
    for sharing ~ hugs, Kammhy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too Cute! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely table setting.....I'm sure your granddaughter was all wide eyed with oohs and ahhs over your adorable chicks in eggs.

    I hope you have had a beautiful day today

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bunnies are so cute on your table, but I'm really loving those glasses you found!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dishes are beautiful, and the new glasses are such a fabulous shade of blue. Such a pretty table. The menu sounds yummy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.