Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Metamophosis Monday and Blue Monday




Double Post! Blue Monday and Metamophosis Monday!
This is the strip quilt I made I believe in 1992 when we were snowed in for 5 days. We were lucky to not lose our electricity like so many did, so I was able to sew. I used fabrics that were important, such as cloth that I had made clothes for the kids out of when they were little. I actually made ALL of their clothes when there were only two of them, and I was a stay-at-home Mom.

The quilt is very simple to make. Cut fabric in strips 4 1/2 inches wide and sew together -length ways, using 1/4 inch seam allowance, making each strip 4" wide after sewn. Cut the strips in strips, 4 1/2 inches wide, the opposite way. Once again using 1/4 inch seam allowance, shift the pattern one square down and sew again, this time ending up with 4" squares. You then trim off the odd shaped ends, and sew them together, add to the quilt and you are done. It sounds kind weird, but if you actually get to this point, you will understand what I mean.













The reason this is a double post, is because the back of my quilt is a twin sized navy blue bed sheet AND it takes this








and turns it in to THIS!!!






Thanks again for Met Monday and Blue Monday! Join everyone at the below sites to see much, much more!!! Met Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ ; Blue Monday at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Thanks for all the fun and great ideas!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! It's so special that you were able to use the fabric from your children's clothes!

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I admire anyone who can quilt...I would love to learn one day. Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs!
    Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made all your children's clothes and then made the quilt after they were outgrown! Wow. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful! :O) Mary from Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't sew a button so I am so excited to see your lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt, it looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! My mother quilts and has given us some - I just admire anyone who would spend the time making these lovelies.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. precious, love the idea of using your childrens clothes to make this lovely quilt.
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    What a wonderful quilt! I'm impressed that you made it from your little one's clothes! A real keep sake! Thanks for sharing and a belated Happy Blue Monday!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.