Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

To begin with, it's a season change for me. You see, I have these plastic placemats that I use under things in the kitchen, like under the coffee pot, under the utensils by the stove, to protect the wood on my real butcher block island. But it's time for the Gloria Vanderbilt to go away.....
and the red/white/blue to come out!!!! So, while I'm on a roll, just go ahead and do the tablescape silly!!!
Love the simplicity, cause you know - it's all about the freedom and the FLAG!

I used a flag style of table runner. On top of this piece of white double knit with navy stars that I used on the table.
Throw in just a little thing here and there from Pier I, like plates, candle, what else can I find?

More Pier I - star shaped serving dishes that also work well for candle dishes.

Love the little dots on the glasses, also from Pier I.

This one was a lot of fun!!!!
Have a happy and safe Memorial Day. Let us all give thanks for the men and women fighting for us this weekend and every other day of the year. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!Joi

Join Susan for more fun with tables at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. Love the red white and blue for memorial Day weekend!! God Bless America!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tablescape for memorial day. I salute you for honoring our men and women in the service.
    Joyce (Army Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table! I'm standing and cheering!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patriotic side! We need to do more of that. Remember after 911 everyone was so patriotic...I wish it were that way again! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...Happy Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great and you are doing great with the photo taking ! God Bless America and you too have a safe weekend !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us! Stop by and see my table setting, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog by clicking on "Follow" in the right hand column. This way we can inspire one another frequently! Be sure to stay a while when you're there and enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great red - white and blueness! wonderful Memorial Day tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been in Pier 1 a lot lately. They just happen to have lots of things I like right now. And I like what you have above! In fact, on my blog banner, there are two outdoor red chairs I bought there! Love Pier 1!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.