Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Friday, May 1, 2009

Flaunt Your Red!!!


When I was young I remember my Mom and Dad would go out dancing on Saturday nights. I remember so well how excited we used to get when Mom would come out of her room all dressed up and looking SO pretty. But there was one thing that always could get us stirred up and that was if she were wearing her RED SHOES. My sister and I used to argue about who was going to get to wear those shoes when they grew up. Now, I'm talking we were probably 7 and 10 years old when this conversation began, and continued on through our teenage years. I remember being so happy that my sisters feet outgrew mine, and eventually were too big for the shoes! I teased her about that at the time. Of course by the time our feet would fit them, they were out of date. Later on the joke was someday when Mom passed on, who would get the shoes?


One year for Mother's Day, I received a package in the mail. In the package was the right RED SHOE. My mom had a flower arrangement put in it and sent it to me, and the same for the left one - to my sister. To this day the red shoe sits on top of my dresser as a great reminder of fun times and how very much we loved our Mom. Sorry for the dust on the shoe, but here's what it looks like. I believe it might be in style again!!!

Thanks to Southern Lady for hosting "Flaunt You Red" today. This is my first time, and loved joining in the fun! To see more red go to http://southernlady-nancy.blogspot.com/ .

7 comments:

  1. Your mom must be a special lady :) I, of course, am partial to Dorothy's ruby red slippers :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meme what a wonderful remembrance of your Mom. It's so pretty in RED too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea why I didn't realize your name was Sandi.
    My mistake, sorry.

    Have a blessed Sunday my friend.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift your mom made for both you and your sister. :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom knew exactly what to do and she did it!! what a special treat and memory for you both, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful gift, and a treasure to have it! Thank you so much for Flaunting your RED! I apologise for just know getting by here..but I have been fighting Bronchitis for several days and just could get to everyone. It was a pleasure to visit with you!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.