Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tablescape Thursday/Thrifty Thursday




Our family Thanksgiving table - set for 4. By Thanksgiving, it will
be metamorphed into a table for 10!
Peach colored napkins, made out of scraps of denim.
Napkin rings from the thrift shop - 50cents each.
Placemats discount at the end of the year.
Silverware from Grandma's - free.
Glass candle holders from Cracker Barrell 14.99 and 11.99, then 40% off.
Runner from the thrift shop - $3.00.
Fake fruit garage sales and auctions - cheap.
Fake shock of feed - $1.00
Pumpkins from the thrift shop $1.00 each.


Scattering of fall leaves from the thrift shop $1.00

Votives in the shape of pumpkins - Dollar General 50 cents each.


Pumpkin dessert plates - Dollar General 50 cents each.

Grape vine milk glass dishes - free from Mom.


Gold tone glass and goblets - from Duz soap - free in the 70's in laundry soap.







Heading on over to Susan's for more tablescapes, and to Leigh's for more thriftiness!


14 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty table, Sandi...fallish and festive! It is perfect for Thanksgiving and I can see it becoming huge and surrounded by the smiling faces of your family!! Love the thrify buys of course and I had to laugh when I remembered Duz soap. I also remember Breeze and the free towels!!

    Everything looks wonderful. Great job! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you could get glasses from detergent. I'd forgotten all about that! I love those white dishes from your mom, they would go with so many things. I enjoyed my visit.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful fall tablescape. It will be perfect for Thanksgiving next week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table. I love that so many items are thrift store or Dollar Tree buys...my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the amber tumblers and stems.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful tablescape! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that looks welcoming! I love the way you incorporated items from Dollar General to Cracker Barrel. It was nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I found you via Bloggeritaville, and I must say you sure are thrifty! :) Your table looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fantabulous setting. Lots of love there. Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely fall tablescape, the pumpkin dessert plates are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty fall tablescape -- everything looks lovely -- have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tablescape! MY most fav is the soapbox glasses! I also wanted to say how beautiful Greta and Emma, Emilie and you are in teh post below! Congrats!Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my sweet friend! Great deals!
    HUGS!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi,
    What a pretty Thanksgiving table! I like all your "ingredients," especially the Duz detergent glasses!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Thanksgiving table is just beautiful! Lucky 10 that get to be there Thanksgiving day!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.