Overwhelmed. That's the most appropriate word for what I was when it came to getting into projects in my computer/sewing/junk room.
I admit that I'm really digging in and telling (and showing) you my "dirty laundry".
The photos of BEFORE are bad. I admit that, but I took them when it was at it's worst, cause I wanted an honest record of what it looked like.
I know I needed to get rid of some thing, but just didn't know how to go about it. So, I called my friend Nancy, who's a professional organizer and got her involved! She came over, drew up some plans, and the work began.
First, all the furniture had to be removed, and one piece took the trusty old saw.....
It had to be removed in pieces, because it was so big. This room was filled with a lot of Sauder furniture which functioned well for a long time.
Then, I removed the wallpaper border, and painted. Soon, Nancy was back, and the work began.
Installation was a long process. It seemed at times that the "gods" were against us!
And my living room was the place where everything rested for 3 weeks! Yikes!
Well, this last week, Nancy spent 3 evenings helping me go through every drawer, every box, every little hiding place I had, until it was all sorted and put away.
Now the room is finished except for a few things like under counter lighting and hanging some photos.
I ended up with a bill paying station, 2 computer stations, and a sewing station. WoW!
I am totally in love with this room, and know now it's been worth all the time and trouble. I can't wait to get it dirty = doing a project, of course!
Thanks to you all for stopping by, please be sure and leave a comment.