Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show and Tell Friday


My Show and Tell for today is my strip quilt. I made this quilt one year, I believe 1996 when we got snowed in. I couldn't leave the house for 5 days, so decided to get out this fabric and make something. If you've ever heard of a strip quilt, it is SO easy. You just cut your fabric in 4 1/2 inch strips, sew them together side by side, turn the quilt, cut the strips in 4 1/2 " strips, and move them down one block, sew together again, trim the end, sew it on the other end, and it's finished = well except the quilting! I used fabrics that I had made my kids clothes from when they were babies, so it's a very memorable quilt too.
I placed my quilt on a quilt hanger with a shelf, that holds some of my Wizard of OZ Collectibles. Thanks for stopping by and looking around. I'm participating in Show and Tell Friday this week, and the address to see more is below. Thanks also for leaving your comments, I love it!

www.romantichome.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Sandi, I so admire your beautiful work of art! I have tried my hand at quilting and it is not easy. I love the colors and pretty fabrics. It makes a big statement on your wall.
    But I would want to snuggle down in it and hibernate! Very pretty!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be easy if you can sew! I love the idea of making it with your children's clothing fabrics...how special it must be for you, it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. What a nice way to pass the time when you are stuck in bad weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt - and so colorful. It may be easy to you, but as a non sewer and non-quilter, it amazes me whenever I see a gorgeous item like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your strip quilt and that you made it from your children's clothes! How special that quilt is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt... I have had my snowed in must creat quilts too! Being mad out of the kids clothes is priceless!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice ! Did you make any quilts with the Wizard of Oz fabric a couple of years ago ? I did not....too many projects not enough time !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and the meaning that it holds is simply precious. Thanks for sharing. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love the quilts....but my daughter would just absolutely, literally, drool over your WofOz stuff!!!

    I've been a domestic goddess this week ...making new SOUTHWEST CURTAIN TIE-BACKS Stop by for a visit and viewing if you can find time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quilts! This one is so pretty! I can't believe it's made out of your children's clothes, how special.

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.