Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Friday, September 11, 2020

BARN QUILT MANIAC!!!

Yep, that's me.  Today, I'm going to talk a little bit about picking a pattern for your next Barn Quilt project.  First, you need to answer some questions:  Where is it going?  How big does it need to be?

I picked the below quilt to use as inspiration for a Barn Quilt for our youngest daughter's family barn.  Their horse is named Sunshine, so I browsed through the internet for "sun" quilts and barn quilts.  And I picked the below quilt as my inspiration.  

Knowing that we needed to fill a fairly big space, I determined that a 4' x 4' was needed.  Knowing also, that the colors needed to be vibrant and bright, I picked through my paints.  

 Approximately 32 hours later, after a LOT of taping and changing colors, it was done.  A few weeks later we delivered it to their home 5 hours away.


Recently, I received this picture, as they had hung the BQ in a perfect place!  Sunshine it is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.