Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Sunday, September 13, 2020

Building a Box = another class I can offer if you would like!

 Last year for my birthday, I took a class at Board and something or other, in Topeka.  It was a great class, with a lot of choices of projects to do.  All you had to do was show up - pay your $$ and they furnished everything.  I enjoyed it a LOT, even though I attended alone and was a table with 9 men.  Seriously!  They were there making gifts for their GF's, signs for their man cave, etc.  You could bring your own beverage, so they each entered with a 6 pack of various things and spent the evening shooting the bull and having a great time.  I was SO glad I was seated with them - and not women.  But that's just me.  Usually much less drama....... Anyway, I made a box.  I had such a great time, and enjoyed it so much that I'm offering to have classes so you can do it too.  It takes 2-3 hours to complete the project and you can paint, stain, decorate, not decorate, whatever you want to do.  It would be $50 per person, and you would take home a finished "box".  Let me show you what I mean.  


We would have the "box" already made with raw wood.  The size is 24" long, 7 1/4" wide, and 5 1/2" tall.  You can see, in the background, I have a smaller one that I use for my paint brushes.  I love it, because I can store it and when I'm painting, I can pull out the WHOLE box and have all of my brushes at my fingertips.  





If you want, you can give it some character by using a hammer on it to make it more rustic. Then apply the stain.



Using the font I've chosen, I wanted to use the box for Fall decor, so I added my stencil.



I used regular acrylic paints and stenciled on my words


When I got done, I added greenery (about $15 worth from Dollar Tree).



Let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.