Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Sunday, April 7, 2019

Yeah! I'm back!

I've had trouble getting access to my blog and FINALLY think I've got all the wrinkles ironed out.  So many projects in a year.  You are in for a treat.  I'm going to start with one of my favorites.
 We found this table at Habitat for Humanity in Topeka, Kansas.  I had never been to one of these before, so found out it can be a great place to pick up something awesome.  It was marked $7.00.
 As you can see, the veneer was beyond repair, so DH scraped it off and started over.
 The table was structurally sound and just needed some elbow grease.
 The entire table got a coat of flat black paint.  My Grandma Alley wrote music and poems, and I wanted to capture some of her talent in the table top.  This was my first Mod Podge project ever, and yes - I am hooked.  I copied off Grandma's music, and had an old hymnal that was falling apart, so I used the pages from my favorite hymns to cover the top.
 My uncle wrote a poem to my husband and I for our wedding, and I copied it and put it in the middle of the top, as a reminder of a long line of love for us.
The table was given 3 coats of Poly after everything dried for a couple of days.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.