Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vintage Pillowcases, turned in to Tooth Fairy Pillows


Looking for a unique baby gift is hard for some people. This young couple seems to have everything already! I had thought I'd make a baptismal bonnet like I did for my kids, but when I contacted one of the grandma's she said they had one. She volunteered to send me some of the new Dad's, grandmother's, embroidered pillow cases. I decided since the new Mom is a dental hygienist, I would make a Tooth Fairy Pillow out of one. Then she sent 2 pillow cases, so I could make one for Emma too - since their Daddies are like - BEST FRIENDS! She sent the pillow cases this past week, so today (Sunday) I got to work.
Just picking which one to use was hard - they were all wonderful! Even the inside of these pillow cases are amazing!
The detail work is just awesome! They aren't "fairies" but they could be! So, this the one I chose. Plus, there were 2 of them, so I made Emma's just like the new Babies.
My stash of cut fabric with all eyes on the project!
It just makes me cringe when I cut up these pretties!
The little tooth pouch is made from the back of the case, using that delicious edge as the flap.
They turned out wonderfully, and I think the recipients will be pleased. I apparently don't have any stuffing in the house, so tomorrow I will finish these up. It took less than an hour to do them both, very easy!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Click on the below link to scurry over to see more Metamorphosis Monday posts.


Vintage Thingie Thursday


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this clever and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, I would have found it very hard to cut them too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful. A gift they will cherish forever. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and one that will be a treasure and keepsake.

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.