Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Thursday, March 24, 2011

Flaunt it Friday


For Christmas this year, I made everyone in the family -kids, Grands, and In Laws- aprons. They are all black/white checked, with a different colored pocket for each family. I try to get one gift every year that ALL the families get.
Emma was all for posin' at Christmas! Greta is wondering what all the fuss is about!
I decided to have a booth this fall at the Highway 36 Treasure Hunt. I'm making aprons to sell. Brady was here for Spring Break, and modeled one of the ones that I thought could be either boy or girl. This one has a matching adult apron, so if someone wants one matching - they can get it. I'm not making a ton of money on these, mostly just enjoying the whole thing! When I redid my Mom cave last year, I PROMISED my DH that I would use up a lot of the fabric in my closet. SO, I'm using all my remnants to make the aprons. They are $15.00 for adults, and $10.00 for the kids. So far I've made 10 kids, and 4 adults. I've only just begun!
There are no two alike. They are all handmade by me, and are very special.
I'm thinking this one can be boy OR girl - it has bugs on it! My Grandsons wear their aprons that I made for Christmas, and love them.
Even my 15 year old Grand wears his! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm happy to be back = although I enjoyed those boys immensely! Click on the below link to find more Flaunt It Friday Posts.

6 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, Sandi. It looks like everyone loves their apron!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    Your aprons are simply darling! What a sweet idea for Chrismas gifts! Thanks for sharing and for your visit. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Spring!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute aprons, Sandi. I am happy to see at least one Hawk fan in your family! Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. I met a group of ladies in Winfield that get together once or twice a month, work on various projects all year long, then sell the items at a bazaar and use the money to buy for the local angel tree at Christmas. What a fun way to pass it forward.

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.