Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tablescape Thursday


Getting ready for a Happy Haaaalllooooweeennnn!!!


Mom gave me these absolutely awesome ghost napkin rings! I couldn't wait to use them.

My black flowered napkins just looked better than plain black. They have a leaf pattern on them, that could even look like webs or something, if you have a good imagination.


Of course, grandma's silverware is too perfect for a gothic table, then my Gibson white dishes serve as the charger this time. Next was my new set of black dinner plates, and a white soup bowl on top.
I got these martini glasses from my son and DIL for Christmas a couple of years ago. I love the white lines on them, and then as you will see later on down, there is a design in the glass that is like a ribbed look.
Years ago, the kids went to ceramic classes and made quite a few little ghosts and goblins. I've
used them around the metal bird cage that has kind of a gothic look to it.

Inside the bird cage, I sat the grim reaper. He looks creepy!
Birds eye view shows the black web look, lace table cloth, over the top of a plain white cotton tablecloth.
A birds eye view of some of the goblins that I scattered around.








This guy looks like he's having fun at this tablescape! He's much too relaxed to be scarey anyway! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, love having you over again! Please join the others over at Susan's for a great time on this Tablescape Thursday. See below for the link:

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. what a fun table Sandi...love those napkin rings :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic martini glasses!
    I like the patterned napkins and the ghost napkin rings? I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table! I love the "web" tablecloth, and your black and white dishes and napkins are wonderful together. So many cute touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your black floral napkins with the ghostie rings from your mom! Whats for supper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Those ghost napkin rings are precious!

    Judy@cutest-little-things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful table! The stemware goes perfectly with it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute table!!! I love it and the fact that you have the little ceramics that your kids made! How sweet! Please stop over to see my table! Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it! What a wonderfully fun table setting. I really like the relaxing ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect degree of spooky! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love how you put some of those OLD ceramic decorations in there from when we were kids!! Very nice as always Meme!

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.