Small Town Living at Its Best

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life.











Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Spooktacular Tablescape!

I'm adding Vintage Thingie to my Tablescape post, since the skulls were made over 20 years ago in ceramic class, and the candelabra and dishes are old too. You have my apology if you've seen it twice! Thanks to the Colorado Lady for hosting! http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/







Today I's using my new dishes Mom got at a garage sale, the Highway 36 Sale (held the 3rd weekend in September along Highway 36). They are old, cream colored instead of white, with gold accents on the fluted edges. There is a complete set for 8, with some serving pieces.


I don't know why I chose the rust colored tablecloth, just didn't seem like I wanted black. I like the 3rd color though.

Black napkins

And beautiful gold tableware that I borrowed from a friend.

The stemware is some you've seen many times. I didn't light the candles. If you go back to photo #1, you will notice the cheesecloth decoration hanging from the light fixture. It's too close to actually light the candles.

There were enough saucers that I used one under each of the stemware also.

The skulls are ceramic, and supposed to have lights in them.

The black birds I got at "Curious Couch", in Kansas City. Check out their blog at:




I got this candelabra at a garage sale for a dollar. I have always been tempted to paint it white. No more temptation after using it today. It definitely deserves to stay- as is!

The black birds have purple sparkles on them!



And more of the close ups, we all love!



In case you haven't noticed lately, I'm kinda hooked on the stems of my stemware...... A final look at this beautiful tableware from Shirley - thanks so much for sharing! And a dainty tea/coffee cup to finish things off! Hope you have a wonderful Tablescape Thursday, and add in Friday, Saturday and Sunday to that too! Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, who can be found at the below link:

26 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Those blackbirds are the best I've seen. And I love the cheesecloth from your chandy. Pretty china and stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I love both the dish set you got at the yard sale (way to score!!) and that beautiful gold flatware that you borrowed from your friend. I would love some gold ones myself.

    As far as the whole table goes, I would definitely agree that it's spooktacular! Love the black birds with the white skulls, and I'm glad you didn't light the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, spooky! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to this on Not "Baaad" Sundays with LambAround this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dishes, and such a fun tablescape!!! Those crows actually loooked real for a moment there! Yikes!!! Have a Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dishes. You have made it very Mrs. Havisham. (Great Expectations) I absolutely love that! Very inspirational.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scary table! The skulls look great!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those the skulls of my long lost sister that my brother killed when we were little???? HAHA!!

    Love it as usual Meme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your skulls! Don't think I've ever made that statement before!! :-)

    Be sure to stop by and sign up for my first ever giveaway!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a find with that candelabra! Love those crows on top of the spooky skulls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color scheme, elegant spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful china, Sandi. I am glad that you didn't paint that beautiful candalabra...the crows are perfect accent pieces for the skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice ... I love the photo of the skeleton's shining teeth with the dinnerware! His teeth match the edge of the china! Is that Harkerware??? Love your table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have a hard time enjoying my meal at this beautiful setting with a skull looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great Halloween table. I think the choice of rust colored tablecloth was perfect. It picks up the edges on those beautiful dishes!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is absolutely spooktacular. Very effective with just the white and black. Love the spooky curtan, too.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute!!! Perfect for this week!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rope edge in your wonderful china plates captures the design of the scallops in your tablecloth. Great eye for design. This is quite a sophisticated take on a Halloween tablescape. Thank you for sharing your marvelous design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the candelabra & your stemware too.

    Pretty...

    Greetings from chilly Stockholm.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahhh...I do love this scary table..skulls, black candles..cheesecloth hanging...
    Yes, ma'am...YOU DID GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first glance, this is an elegant table. Then I start to see the details more closely. You have done a great job with this. All the spooky elements are so wonderful with everything else. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this; elegant and spooky, the best combo for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic!
    Love the skulls and the classy aspect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Pink Saturday! Love your tablescape and the tablecloth is a perfect third color! The candelabra is perfect as it is. There are some things I look at several times wondering if I should paint them....come to the same conclusion after a while.
    Terrific job!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Love those dishes! What a super find. The gold flatware really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the way you used those great dishes. I like the table cloth, a little blood showing thru...love ya , mom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...love your tablescape...it's classic and spooky at the same time...lol Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Best of luck with the giveaway, fondly Roberta
    http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Every word is read, every comment listened to, every friendship treasured. Please leave me a message.