At "junk day", in a little town north of here, we found this footstool along the curb. The fabric was in perfect condition, although a bit out of style. My DH thought it would take some work, but would be pretty again, with out help!
Torn apart, it needed a lot of TLC - but the bones were good. Even the springs were individually wrapped.
DH had a some major glue and nails business to attend to, but it worked!
Old fabric on the right, new fabric on the left.
It's beginning to look better already. The next step though, we were wondering how to make a clean, straight line at the top.
So, we took a yard stick and split it in half length ways, then cut it to fit the sides. Amazing as it seems - it was exactly 72" around the stool, so it fit perfectly.
I hot glued the fabric to the stick...........
Then tacked the stick to the stool. We tried using a staple gun, but the wood filler was too hard, so we ended up using the air powered nail gun. Then, turned it upside down and tacked it down. I went around the edged with the glue gun to make sure everything was going to stay in place.
The final step with ANYTHING fabric that we are going to use around the house - whether it's a new couch/chair, mattress - I always use Scotchguard to protect. Even new tennis shoes! (no paid ad here folks, it's just the truth!)
I can't wait to get it to the lake house and use it! It will be perfect for my bedroom reading area/computer area. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm joining everyone at Metamorphosis Monday at the below link: